With the impacts of the coronavirus pandemic being felt in almost all business sectors and economies around the world, ABB Electrification has announced that it will take measures to support its customers through this challenging time.
Effective March 27 and until the end of the calendar year, ABB Electrification will waive the fee for 12 months for all new subscriptions for its iUPSGuard software for hospitals, and for all new or renewed subscriptions for its ABB Ability Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) capabilities.
From remote monitoring and diagnostics for Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) for critical healthcare applications to energy and building management solutions for utilities, commercial and industrial facilities, ABB Electrification is providing the tools which address critical infrastructure needs.
Tarak Mehta, president of ABB’s Electrification business explains: “We appreciate the challenges which our customers are facing at this time and are committed to helping them achieve greater operational stability and savings.
“The importance of the work which they undertake across a variety of sectors cannot be underestimated and we wanted to enable as many facilities as possible to benefit from our solutions by waiving all charges for 12 months.”
At the current time, reliable power distribution is especially critical for hospital and healthcare applications:
- With ABB’s iUPSGuard solution, hospitals and medical facilities can benefit from remote monitoring and diagnostics of any ABB or third-party UPS, ensuring that essential power is maintained.
Meanwhile, ABB is offering a number of solutions cost free from the ABB Ability Marketplace which are designed to remotely enhance operational efficiencies and security for businesses. These solutions support facilities in their current efforts to maintain critical operations while minimizing onsite workforces.
The energy and asset management software solutions that are available in the ABB Ability Marketplace and that ABB is offering cost-free include:
- ABB Ability Electrical Distribution Control System (EDCS), a digital energy management platform which can help businesses save up to 30 percent on operational costs
- ABB Ability Backup Management for electrical systems – DataCare, which allows convenient sharing of technical information on protection and control relays. This maximizes operational efficiency by enabling a facility to plan updates to coincide with planned testing / maintenance
In addition, ABB will waive fees for three new ABB commercial building automation solutions (accessible via myBuildingsPortal) that enhance security through remote management:
- Building Care Service and DALI Manager. Building Care Service means customers get full access to the IoT Dashboard Server, which provides a full overview of and control of their building. Meanwhile, DALI Manager enables full control of DALI emergency lighting systems via the IoT Dashboard Server
- Video Streaming and Storage for the smartIP VideoControl portfolio, which means building operators can remotely watch video streams from their ABB CCTV security cameras. The stream is also stored online and can be watched again later.
- Remote Lock Release for the smartIP AccessControl portfolio, enabling building operators to remotely open an electronic door lock, removing the need for them to go on-site to handover a key should emergency access be needed.
Any customers who wish to take advantage of the free of charge software solutions should contact their local ABB Electrification sales representative.