Schneider Electric has launched its all new automation server for SmartStruxure Solution, the SmartX Controller AS-P. The AS-P is the first server device from the SmartX Controller range. The AS-P is a core product in ensuring that SmartStruxure Solution is able to operate as the Digital Hub of a building, providing the end user with a fully integrated iBMS which covers HVAC, Lighting, Access Control, Power Monitoring and smart building managed services.
Key benefits of the SmartX Controller AS-P include:
• Dual Ethernet ports - the first step to extend IP communication to the Field Controller Level. Benefits of IP everywhere include faster and reliable communication, greater architecture design flexibility and improved cybersecurity effectiveness
• Communication hub – capable of coordinating traffic from above and below its location. AS-P can deliver data directly to you to other servers throughout the site
• Faster dual-core processor for superior performance – 4-6x faster on tasks such as power cycle, deploy, backup, import and export
• Greater RAM size – upgraded to 512 MB to boost efficiency
• IT friendly – AS-P communicates using networking standards making installations easy, management simple and transactions secure
• Simple DIN-rail installation – fasteners easily snap into a locked position for panel installation. Fastener has a quick-release feature for easy DIN-rail removal
“Over the past few years, Schneider Electric has introduced exciting new products to enhance the legacy of its premier building management system, SmartStruxure solution. The launch of the AS-P demonstrates an exciting evolution of products and highlights Schneider Electric’s commitment to provide customers with the most complete and competitive offers to modernise and ensure their buildings’ efficiency,” said David Williams, EcoBuildings marketing manager at Schneider Electric.