Schneider Electric has been manufacturing air circuit breakers (ACB) in electrical distribution for three decades - first with the Masterpact M, followed by the Masterpact NT/NW. The company has now announced the Masterpact MTZ, the next generation of high power low voltage circuit breakers, combining performance and reliability with new digital capabilities.
Key customer benefits of the Masterpact MTZ include:
- A new industry first with embedded Class 1 metering, saving project time and energy usage
- Improved mechanical and electrical performance, even in harsh environments
- Ability to monitor and control circuit breaker safely with a smart phone as main human machine interface (HMI), even in power outage
- Stay notified of any event and prevent overloads through real-time remote monitoring capabilities
- Ability to customise circuit breaker with digital modules for ultra flexibility and operational efficiency without downtime
- Integrate seamlessly Masterpact in smart panels thanks to the embedded ethernet connection
- Same footprint allowing easier upgrades and replacements without any need for re-certification
“We are redefining power distribution in this new world of energy we live in today and our future ready Masterpact MTZ is a great proof point of this,” said Philippe Delorme, executive vice president, building & IT business, Schneider Electric. “Customers expect power distribution to be safer, more reliable, efficient, sustainable and securely connected. The new Masterpact’s connectivity, digital capabilities and ability to be seamlessly integrated into our EcoStruxure architecture will deliver significant benefits for end users, specifiers, panelbuilders and contractors requiring high power breakers as part of low-voltage solutions for industrial sites, critical applications and buildings.”
Masterpact MTZ is future ready as it seamlessly integrates within the Smart Panels architecture, and can be remotely monitored and controlled with any supervision system to carry out predictive and preventive maintenance and asset and energy management, thanks to its embedded ethernet connection.
Providing a digital user experience throughout its lifecycle, Masterpact MTZ also offers unprecedented connectivity. This includes:
- Configure and order using the MyPact digital configurator and ordering tool
- Build, commission, and conduct factory-acceptance tests through Ecoreach software
- Maintain and operate real-time using the full potential of PowerStruxure that includes embedded web pages, Facility hero, Facility Insights, Power Monitoring Expert, Power Scada Expert, and seamless integration into SmartStruxure building management
- Upgrade and customise at any time in the cycle with digital modules